About Grandmaster Sang Kun Pak
The martial arts have flourished here in the United States due, in part, to Grandmaster Pak’s arrival from Seoul, South Korea in 1977. All throughout his time of teaching Taekwondo, he has greatly motivated thousands of students in achieving academic, personal, moral, and physical excellence.
Grandmaster Pak has practiced the martial arts for more than 50 years and has achieved the ranks of 9th degree Black Belt in Taekwondo, 7th degree Black Belt in Hapkido, and 4th degree Black Belt in Kung-Fu.
In addition to founding Pak’s Martial Arts Fitness Center in Rock Hill, Grandmaster Pak’s many accomplishments include:
- President, Southeastern Taekwondo Association
- President, Southeastern Taekwondo Federation
- Past President, South Carolina State Taekwondo Association
- International Master and Instructor of state and national champions
- 1988 U.S. Olympic Taekwondo team delegate
- Member of U.S. Southeastern Taekwondo Federation, World Taekwondo Federation, World Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan Federation
- Numerous awards, citations, and certificates from local, state, national, and international agencies for his unselfish, charitable contributions and his leadership in furthering the development and promotion of Taekwondo throughout the world